In my defense, a LOT has happened this year! Let me outline the highlights.
- We moved in December of 2010 (to a place that turned out not to be great.)
- We got two dogs from the shelter (they're still happy!)
- We bartered for a goat in milk (she's still in milk)
- We bartered for a mess of chickens (they are JUST starting to lay for me) AND we hatched some from our original three that were given to us when we moved in
- I did a lot of building around the place (fences, shelters, movable pens, milking stanchions)
- We had a huge garden/labor of love which all died in the drought (oh so sad!)
- I stayed sick at that house a LOT (combination of putrid cat urine permeating the house and tension due to the owner's daughter who lived across the street and made my life tense)
- I bought two goats for fiber and was given a rabbit for the same
- I moved again (to a place that is turning out to be absolutely lovely)
- I started school (more pre-reqs toward a degree, some of it online, some on campus)
- I got a job outside the home (care-taking)
- And I started getting counseling.
I promise to update you more as to specifics on nearly all of it if you're interested... just now I have to go do chores!