Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Gratitude Journal

Hello, faithful follower(s)! (I only know of one follower...thus the (s):)

Today I am beginning my gratitude journal that I will attempt to keep for one month. Shouldn't be hard to do. I could write a whole list of things right now for which I am truly grateful!

But because it is an exercise for a Mary Jane's Farmgirls badge, I will be doing this as per the instructions which read thusly:


Each Other
9. Farmgirl Gratitude
Beginner Level
  • Write a gratitude journal every day for a month. Don’t repeat the same gratitude more than once to qualify for this merit badge.
Yesterday I spent all day in a spin-down. It was terrible. An emotional jag like that can leave a person feeling hung-over the next day, but not so for me today.  I woke up in the night throwing up. That'll get your attention.  And for some odd reason I feel better today than I did before the whole crying my eyes out hating the world feeling absolutely destitute for no real reason.

Weird how that works. I'm going to cheat a little on my gratitude journal and say I am grateful for tv, yesterday, because it gave me one small connection to the world around me when I was completely unable to reach out to anyone in my real world. I left that thing running except for when I finally drifted off to sleep, and I don't remember anything I watched but it kept me from thinking of ways to wreak havoc, and that, my dear follower(s), is a good thing.


So today's gratitude:
I am grateful I am moving. On December first we plan to move out of this dreadful little apartment and into a three bedroom (mobile) home, complete with an acre yard, and livestock pens already built out back.  This morning I got new upstairs neighbors.  Need I say more?

No comments:

Post a Comment