Thursday, November 25, 2010

Gratitude Day Two

Today my depression lifted. It's not because of anything anyone said or did or anything I did or thought...I think it might be as simple as a change in the weather. I didn't know a Northern was blowing in, although I knew the forecast called for somewhat lowered temps...from 82*F to about 78*F...it's 55*F now, though!

I love the cooler weather. Even rainy, I love it because it's cooler. I don't even mind rain, a lot or a little, as long as it's not humid after. Hot and humid is the norm here and we've had a long hot summer.  Even with the onset of fall we've had only two small breaks in the heat, so for this I am grateful.

Grateful for the weather change, and grateful for the lift of depression. These two things combined make me feel energetic and joyous. I have all kinds of craft and sewing and decorating ideas cluttering my thoughts, each vying for more attention than the next thought coming even more quickly on its heels. If I am slipping into mania, it's not full blown, it's only mild, and if indeed it is mania, we'll see a certain rush of activity that cannot even be stemmed by simple exhaustion.

Excellent timing, in fact, since we are now counting down to move day.  Six days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment