Sunday, November 28, 2010

Gratitude Day Five

When I forget to be gratefully aware, I find myself easily bored, or when that comes to full term, depressed.

Today I was not grateful for anything. I just went about my day doing a whole lot of little sewing projects, irritated because I have no money (due to mismanagement) to buy the next round of things that will help those projects continue. For instance, I finished up a bunch of little stuff toys, but can't stuff them because I don't have money for gas to get to the fabric store or money to buy the stuffing.

I made Tim's pj's, but have no money for buttons.
So I wait.
I don't wait well. I don't do "in the meantime" well.  But I live so much of my life IN the meantime you'd think it would be old hat. It's not.

So today I am having to look a little deeper for gratitude and I came up with a couple.  First, it's a good temperature in my house... and cold outside. I have lights and the ability to use my electric appliances because my Pay As You Go account for electricity did not run out before the end of the month.  I will have more money in a few days, and my power did not get shut off. That's awesome.

I'm grateful I live alone (or with Timmy who really doesn't care) because no man I know would enjoy it as COLD in my house as I like it.  :)  That's all for now. I'm going to go eat some oatmeal, and be grateful for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment