Saturday, September 25, 2010

Visiting Hico

Timmy and I went for a short visit to the land which Linda has decided to share with us.  She has some acreage and is setting aside a small portion of it specifically for me, and in exchange I will be helping her to get "our" farm up and running.

The goal is a self-sustaining farm, one with chickens and goats and sheep and pigs and maybe even a milk cow, a whole passel of dogs and cats and rabbits too.  Some of these are for meat, some for eggs, milk, cheese, and some for just their hair or wool.  Some are multi-purpose.  Linda wants a pig for a pet. Not me.  I want a chicken for a pet.

I love chickens.

Next time we go I promise to take pictures.  This is all I took this time:

This is the river that borders the west property line. Isn't it lovely?

You'll probably NEVER catch me swimming in it, as pretty as it is.  I might fish there though....

Just some wooded area. I think it's so lovely. I do love trees.

And that's me. I need to put on a shirt! (Anyone know how to photoshop one on me?) LOL

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, all of it. Including you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :D

    And an update. To those who don't know, I'll be moving to a farm right here in the same area in which I live. The pics above are of Linda's place, where I was invited to go and farm, but I chose to stay here in this county... My children live here. I don't want to leave until they are old enough to drive and come to me as they wish.

    So, farm idea still on, location changed!

    ReplyDelete