Friday, September 17, 2010

Getting Started

I woke up this morning in a state of barely controlled mania.

I have made the decision to take a friend up on her offer to share her farm, and now I'm wondering how to go about extricating myself from the life I've made here in this county!

So many questions arise:
How to quit my job here?
How to find a job there?
Will I need a job to support my farm habit?
For how long will i need an outside job?
How long will I be able to devote time to an outside job before making the switch to full time farming?

What kinds of farm animals do I want?
This question is almost silly. I know I want nearly any farm animal, but the question really should be, which ones can I afford.

How will I be able to afford to do any of this?

Stay tuned for more questions.
I was going to say for answers to these questions but I am certain the next thing I'll do is have more questions.

2 comments:

  1. just give them 2 weeks notice. they can fire you with no reason you can quit them with no reason.
    The job near new farm will appear.
    you will prolly need a job to support your habit to get started.
    only time will tell how long you need need outside work.
    Get a part time job instead of a full time job!
    all farm animals as you stated. Start with the animals that are most affordable to not only purchase but affordable to maintain while bringing you cash flow for its Products.
    the last answer to you questions you will afford it a little at a time. Your bills *SHOULD* be less than what you are paying now with rent and utilities and phone and satellite and And AND lol. you and linda will be splitting up the bills. Start slow and do not take one more than one project at a time. That way you do not become overwhelmed. I know when your manic you start too many projects then as it wears off you feel like you are drowning in a sea of projects and it triggers depression and the feeling of defeat. ONE PROJECT AT A TIME! Write out a plan. I expect updates and photo progress reports!.
    D

    ReplyDelete